So I was nominated for this award back in April by KookBookery , sorry it took me so long to post this!
Let’s just get right to it!
For this award, I need to answer 11 questions….
1. You were stranded in an island and the only item you brought was a book. Which one is it? I’m not sure if this is cheating, but it would have to be ‘The Oxford Book of English Verse’. It contains all the best works of english poetry, what more can you ask for? (It is also pretty huge and could probably be used as a weapon!)
2. If you could pick 3 book characters to invite to your birthday, who would they be? Definitely Kenji from the Shatter Me series, I’m sure he’s the life of every party! Probably Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games (especially if she looks like Jennifer Lawrence!) and finally, Cath from Fangirl, I feel like we’d have a lot to talk about!
3. Your house is on fire. If you could save one book, which one will it be? That would have to be my copy of Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfeild, as it was passed down from my mum, and was always my favorite growing up!
4. Name one book character for each: Kiss, Marry, Kill. Kiss: probably Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series, she’s pretty awesome! Marry: Warner from Shatter Me. No more needed. Kill: I don’t think that I would kill a character, as I don’t want to ruin the story (butterfly effect and all…).
5. Name a book that you loved to bits but others didn’t. For this one I’m going to pick Entwined by Heather Dixon. It’s not that this book was disliked, more that it just wasn’t popular.
6. What characteristics are you looking for in a book Boyfriend/girlfriend the kind that would make you instantly fall for them? Name one if there’s someone that comes to mind. My big thing is that they have to be INTERESTING. I can stand boring, cookie-cutter characters!
7. Is there a book close to your heart, the kind that you connected to on a personal level? For this, I’m going to pick Delirium by Lauren Oliver, I really connected with the themes of wanting to fit in but being concerned about the world you were born into.
8. You have a friend who’s not into books but is willing to give it a try. Which one would you recommend? I usually recommend The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Even if they haven’t read the book, most people are familiar with the story, and the writing is fast paced and fun. For a classic, I usually go for Pride and Prejudice, it’s a classic for a reason.
9. Have you ever experienced second lead syndrome? If yes, in which book or series? I actually had this as a child with the Harry Potter series, I always wanted to see from the perspective of Hermione and Ron!
10. If you had a chance to change the OTP of a book, which book would it be? I don’t really have an answer for this as I tend to just accept what happens in a book!
11. Is there a line from a book that you know by heart? “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” -Albus Dumbledore
Phew! That was a lot of questions! Now for….
- How many books have you read? (An approximation is fine)
- What’s your favourite classic?
- What do you think is the best book to movie/tv adaptation?
- What’s your favourite poem?
- What was your favourite series as a child?
- Have you ever memorised a poem? If so, which one?
- What’s your favourite book you read for school?
- Have you read a non-fiction book in the last 6 months?
- Who’s your favourite LGBTQ+ book character?
- What’s your favourite literary technique?
- Who’s your favourite author?
Thank you so much for reading everyone! Until next time, Happy Reading!